Run Your Way with Kaitlin Goodman and Meghann Featherstun
"I really believe that if you do a good job with the process, the outcome is gonna take care of itself. The time is gonna take care of itself."
I'm running the Eugene Marathon on April 30. I've run six marathons, but my most recent one was nearly seven years ago. So, it's been a while! And while, sure, muscle memory is a thing, I wanted to enlist some help with the process this time around. Enter Coach Kaitlin Goodman, founder of Running Joyfully, and sports dietitian Meghann Featherstun. Together, they're not just helping me get to the start line healthy and the finish line happy — they're teaching me a lot along the way, and ensuring I'm enjoying the process (which I really, really am!). In this conversation, you'll get to hear all about what it means to run my way right now, including what's going great, what's still a mystery, and where I feel I'm falling a little short.
SPONSOR: New Balance. Click here to shop New Balance’s latest releases for the season. (The SuperComp Trainer is my favorite shoe!)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Coach Kaitlin Goodman talks about how my marathon training is going, from her perspective (2:25)
- What “Running Joyfully” means to Kaitlin, and all about her approach to coaching (6:00)
- What working with a running coach is actually like (8:20)
- All about my strengths and weaknesses as a runner, and what my goals are for the Eugene Marathon (11:00)
- The GPS watch debate (19:30)
- Kaitlin’s advice for dealing with pre-workout nerves (26:15)
- Meghann Featherstun talks about her role as my sports dietitian slash therapist (38:00)
- On dealing with feelings of shame or embarrassment around eating and nutrition (41:30)
- Meghann’s early concerns and notes from our first call together (43:30)
- Addressing my struggles navigating performance nutrition (49:30)
- I have a plan, which is what I wanted — so why am I not following it? (58:00)
- On figuring out the ideal pre-run meal (and is it sushi?) (1:06:00)
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
- Subscribe to the newsletter
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
The podcast Ali on the Run Show is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.