47. The Happy Saver
It’s my absolute pleasure to welcome Ruth onto the show today. Ruth lives in New Zealand and is better known online as The Happy Saver. She has a very popular podcast and blog where she writes about managing money, living the good life and not working too hard.
Some of the topics in today’s episode include:
- Who is Ruth and why did she create The Happy Saver blog and podcast? (04:49)
- Ruth shares her personal money story and how she became interested in investing. (10:10)
- The important life lessons Ruth learnt from losing her family home in an Earthquake. (16:11)
- Property investing - the significant differences between NZ & AUS tax laws. (19:28)
- The major advantage of investing in the share market in NZ. (24:40)
- Advantages of living in the country over the city. (29:48)
- What does Ruth actually invest in? (35:43)
The podcast Aussie Firebug is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.