Today I’m speaking with Paul Benson from the Financial Autonomy podcast. Paul is a tertiary educated financial planner with over 20 years of experience. We talk about the role of a financial planner and Paul gives us some real-life examples of how financial planners are able to assist us with our FIRE journeys.
Some of the topics in today’s episode include:
- What exactly is a financial planner?
- Why do financial planners sometimes get a bad rap in the FIRE community?
- How much does a financial planner actually cost and what should you expect for that fee?
- How do financial planners get paid and how do you tell a good financial planner from a bad one?
- If someone already has a dialled-in FIRE plan, where is the value in paying a financial planner?
- How to find a good financial planner. Is there a financial planner directory in Australia?
- What questions should you ask and what to avoid when choosing a financial planner?