Normally we have two hosts and one guest, but today we have three hosts, and one of them happens to be a guest as well. We welcome Tony J Robinson, host of the BiggerPockets Real Estate Rookie Podcast, to the show! Tony has grown a respectable following due to his impressive short-term rental portfolio, his ability to scale quickly, and his made-for-radio voice.
Tony grew up with real estate around him. His dad had a wholesaling company, and when it closed down his father relayed to Tony that his biggest mistake was failing to keep any of the wholesale deals as rentals. With this advice in mind, Tony saw an opportunity to fix up some rental properties in Louisiana. This gave him an intro to real estate funding, and after a few successful deals, he decided to dive in head first.
Now, Tony has short-term rentals in Tennessee and Joshua Tree. He’s started multiple partnerships and speaks on the benefits of having reliable, trustworthy partners, plus how to avoid toxic partnerships that will stop you from scaling. He also lets us in on his free and simple method of finding out whether or not a market will work for short-term rentals.
In This Episode We Cover:
- The importance of having cash-flowing passive income
- Why you should never treat a rental like your primary residence
- Buying in markets that are heavily reliant on tourism
- How to make a strong, stable, and reliable partnership
- The risk vs. rewards of short-term rentals
- Long-distance real estate investing as a rookie investor
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Check the full show notes here: http://biggerpockets.com/show476