We like to think that we have a lot of winners on the BiggerPockets Real Estate Podcast, whether they are in real estate or not. We may have one of the biggest winners on today's show. Tim Grover, trainer to Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant joins us to talk about overcoming adversity, developing a winning mindset, finding what makes you fail, and his new book, accurately titled Winning: The Unforgiving Race to Greatness.
Tim argues that one of the hardest things to succeed in is business since there are so many factors that influence success. When you own or run a business, you’re constantly being thrown curveballs (like a global pandemic tied with government shutdowns). So how do you succeed when there is a constantly changing game plan? You adapt, you overcome, and you mitigate failure.
These are the exact lessons that Tim taught to his high-profile clients, like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, arguably the two greatest basketball players of all time. Before MJ and Kobe became the best, they had to master being average, then being good, then being great. So many people want to take shortcuts to greatness, not understanding that mastering those different levels is what truly puts you on a different stage than those who master the average level and give up.
In This Episode We Cover:
- What really holds people back when they say they want something
- Focusing on recovery and health before trying to up your abilities
- Becoming a constant reminder to others to win and shoot for success
- How to stop performing with emotion and start performing with energy
- Stop confusing “finishing” with “winning”
- Struggling with balance when succeeding in your career, family life, or anything else
- And So Much More!
Links from the Show
Click here to check the full show notes: https://www.biggerpockets.com/show471