Feast with Willem Pienaar
Eric Anderson (@ericmander) and Willem Pienaar (@willpienaar) talk about Feast, the open-source feature store for machine learning. Feature stores act as a bridge between models and data, and allow data scientists to ship features into production without the need for engineers. Willem co-created Feast at Gojek, and later teamed up with the folks at Tecton to back the project.
In this episode we discuss:
- The value of feature stores in MLOps
- What happens when you open-source too early
- Why most open-source code has nothing to hide
- Bringing an open-source project to an existing company
- Good and bad use cases for a feature store
- Mike Del Balso
- Kevin Stumpf (@kevinmstumpf)
- Ajey Gore (@AjeyGore)
- Demetrios Brinkmann (@Dpbrinkm)
- Wes McKinney (@wesmckinn)
The podcast Contributor is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.