Poseidon Temple, Time to Exercise, Queen of Scots Letters
Today we discuss how the lost temple of Poseidon may have been discovered, how our circadian rhythms show what time of day is best to exercise, and how researchers decoded a stack of letters written by Mary Queen of Scots during her imprisonment.
WATCH SHAZAM! FURY OF THE GODS ONLY IN THEATERS MARCH 17. (Rated PG-13)
- “A lost temple for Poseidon may have finally been rediscovered” by Sara Kiley Watson
- “Strabo” by Duane W. Roller
- “Poseidon” by Greek Gods and Goddesses Encyclopedia
- “Scientists May Have Discovered the Long Lost Temple of Poseidon” by Amanda Kooser
- “Tsunamis buried the cult site on the Peloponnese” by Johannes Gutenberg
Time to Exercise
- “Time of day may determine the amount of fat burned by exercise” by Felicia Lindberg
- “Time of day determines postexercise metabolism in mouse adipose tissue” by Logan A. Pendergrast et al.
- “What to know about circadian rhythm” by Janet Johnson
- “Work out at this time of day to burn the most fat: scientists” by Adriana Diaz
Queen of Scots Letters
- “Scientists Decipher 57 Letters That Mary, Queen of Scots Wrote before Her Beheading” by Stephanie Pappas
- “Deciphering Mary Stuart’s lost letters from 1578-1584” by George Lasry, Norbert Biermann, & Satoshi Tomokiyo
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter withCalli andNate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/poseidon-temple-time-to-exercise-queen-of-scots-letters
The podcast Curiosity Daily is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.