841: How to Get Creative on Demand with Baronfig’s Joey Cofone
Joey Cofone shares what it really means to be creative and why everyone can be creative in any role.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) Why creativity isn’t just for the “creatives”.
2) Why we shouldn’t shy away from our fears.
3) How to come up with ideas on the spot.
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep841 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT JOEY —
Joey Cofone is the Founder & CEO of Baronfig, an award-winning designer and entrepreneur, and author of The Laws of Creativity.
Joey has designed and art directed over 100 products from zero to launch. His work has been featured in Fast Company, Bloomberg, New York Magazine, Newsweek, Bon Appétit, Quartz, Mashable, Print, and more. Joey was named a New Visual Artist and, separately, Wunderkind designer, by Print magazine. He is also a 1st place winner of the American Institute of Graphic Arts design competition, Command X.
Joey strives to make work that appeals to curious minds—work that’s beautiful, smart, and communicative. He believes that design is the least of a designer’s worries, that story is at the heart of all tasks, and jumping off cliffs is the only way to grow.
He lives in New York City with his wife, Ariana, and his dog (and writing buddy), Luigi.
• Book: The Laws of Creativity: Unlock Your Originality and Awaken Your Creative Genius
• Website: JoeyCofone.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: The Count of Monte Cristo (Penguin Classics) by Alexandre Dumas
• Book: The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
• Book: The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster and Jules Feiffer
The podcast How to Be Awesome at Your Job is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.