Taylor Lorenz discusses her new book 'Extremely Online' and delves into the untold story of fame, influence, and power on the Internet, exploring internet culture and societal impacts. Taylor unravels the complexities and trends of online communities, shares her research and experience, and explores the impact of internet culture on our society.
- The influence of content creators: Content creators have become a driving force in shaping online culture and influencing public opinion. They have the ability to amass large audiences and create content that resonates with their followers. Whether it's through vlogs, social media posts, or podcasts, content creators have the power to shape opinions, trends, and even political discourse.
- Uncovering the darker side of internet culture: Taylor delves into the resurgence of misogyny online, tracing it back to events like Gamergate and the Amber Heard trial. Gain a deeper understanding of how manipulation, outrage, and targeted harassment have shaped the landscape of the internet.
- The changes of social media platforms: Taylor discusses her perspective on the recent changes in social media platforms. She offers her insights on what is working well and how the regulations on some platforms are keeping the users off of them completely.
Behind the Headlines
In this episode, we peel back the curtain on internet culture and explore the untold stories of fame, influence, and power that have emerged on the internet. Taylor Lorenz takes us on a captivating journey, providing valuable insights into the ever-changing landscape of social media and the role of content creators in shaping public opinion. Prepare to be enlightened and amazed as we unravel the complexities of internet culture.
Mentioned in the Podcast
Extremely Online: The Untold Story of Fame, Influence, and Power on the Internet
More from Molly McPherson:
- Join PR Confidential on Patreon
- Getting flamed on Social Media? I can help you. Click here for Crisis Communication Support.
- Listen and Subscribe to Apple Podcasts
- Indestructible: Reclaim Control and Respond with Confidence in a Media Crisis
- Indestructible: Reclaim Control and Respond with Confidence in a Media Crisis - Audio Book
© 2024 Indestructible PR Podcast