In this episode, Dr. Wayne Hogrefe and Dr. Pat Hurban discuss the use of NGS in the development and assessment of new vaccines against the influenza virus.
Topics covered include:
- What health organizations are looking for that drives the selection of the next season's vaccine strains
- How sequence data is used to evaluate the effectiveness of a vaccine while providing insight into the evolution of the virus
- How the sequence data can inform the development of new types of vaccines and therapeutics
- The prospects for a vaccine that is effective across multiple strains and multiple seasons
- How NGS data differs from traditional Sanger sequencing data and what can be learned from that
You can learn more about this topic at www.q2labsolutions.com