121. Your Gut Health Update Straight From the Lab, with Dr Megan Rossi
In this episode I chat with Dr Megan Rossi, a practicing dietitian and nutritionist with a PhD in gut health. Megan is also a leading research fellow at King’s College London, where she is currently investigating nutrition-based therapies in gut health. Finally, Megan the founder of The Gut Health Clinic, where she leads a team of gut-specialist dietitians who see clients all over the world.
In this episode, Megan gives us a gut health update straight from the lab.
We chat about:
- why gut health is so important;
- new and exciting research from the lab;
- updates in the area of leaky gut and managing SIBO;
- personalised nutrition and genetic testing; and
- all about sweeteners.
To end the podcast, Megan and I answer some quick listener questions around antibiotics, coffee, dairy, food intolerance test kits and covid.
You can learn more from Megan on her Instagram or her website.
Today’s episode is brought to you by Fancy Plants.
Fancy Plants has 3 wonderful products available at Woolworths and Coles.
- The Chia Pod is a café style chia pudding which can be eaten on the go.
- The Chocolate Silky Pot is smooth as silky and seriously additive.
- The Vanilla Rice Pud is a plant-based twist on the old favourite, rice pudding.
All 3 options in the Fancy Plants range are a source of fibre, prebiotics for your gut health and calcium too. To find out more, head to https://fancyplants.com or look for them in your local supermarket.
Please subscribe and leave me a review
If you enjoyed this podcast, please tag me and share it in your Instagram stories and leave me a positive rating or review in the purple Apple Podcast app (in the rating & reviews section underneath the episode lists). This really helps my podcast get prioritised by Apple and helps me disseminate evidence based information to the people that need it the most! Don't forget to subscribe to my podcast so you never miss an episode!
Health & Fitness
The podcast Leanne Ward Nutrition is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.