126. Insulin Resistance: It Could be the Reason You’re Not Losing Weight, with Dietitian Susie Burrell
In this episode, I chat with accredited practising dietitian Susie Burrell. Susie specialises in weight loss, hormone related issues (including PCOS) and (the focus of this episode) insulin resistance.
Susie and I take a deep dive into insulin resistance and chat about:
- how someone develops insulin resistance and how it is diagnosed;
- whether you need to be overweight to be at risk of insulin resistance;
- the hallmark symptoms of insulin resistance;
- nutrition strategies to assist with insulin resistance;
- how endocrinologists can help with insulin resistance; and
- Susie's top take away messages.
Make sure you give Susie a follow on her Instagram and her website.
Garmin Sq 2 Plus
This episode is brought to you by Venu Sq 2 – Garmin’s GPS smartwatch with advanced health and fitness features to help you better understand your body. It will spend more time on your wrist and less time charging with up to 11 days of use on a single charge! Use code LEANNE10 at www.garmin.com.au to receive 10% off your very own Venu Sq 2 and start living better with Garmin today.
Please subscribe and leave me a review
If you enjoyed this podcast, please tag me and share it in your Instagram stories and leave me a positive rating or review in the purple Apple Podcast app (in the rating & reviews section underneath the episode lists). This really helps my podcast get prioritised by Apple and helps me disseminate evidence based information to the people that need it the most! Don't forget to subscribe to my podcast so you never miss an episode!
Health & Fitness
The podcast Leanne Ward Nutrition is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.