Episode 264: Journal Club 2: A Discussion on Fasting
Thank you for joining us for another episode of the Low Carb MD Podcast. Dr. Laura Buchanan is board certified in Family Medicine and is on the board of the Society of Metabolic Health Practitioners. She graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences from the University of South Florida and was a valedictorian of her class at the University of Florida College of Medicine. She is on staff at Dr. Tro’s Medical Weight Loss & Direct Primary Care.
In this episode of The Journal Club, Drs. Tro and Laura tear apart in great detail a couple of studies on fasting.
In this conversation, Drs. Tro and Laura discuss the findings and methods of two articles…
- The Effects of Time-Restricted Eating on Weight Loss and Other Metabolic Parameters in Women and Men With Overweight and Obesity Timestamp: (00:02:52) Read it HERE!
- The Effects of Intermittent Fasting Combined with Resistance Training on Lean Body Mass: A Systematic Review of Human Studies Timestamp: (00:24:55) Read it HERE!
For more information, please see the links below. Thank you for listening!
Dr. Laura Buchanan:
- Addiction to Highly Processed Food Among Older Adults
- Treatment of Ultra-Processed Food Addiction
- The Society of Metabolic Health Practitioners
Dr. Tro Kalayjian:
Dr. Brian Lenzkes:
Health & Fitness
The podcast Low Carb MD Podcast is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.