This conversation is with Gregory Butler, a doctor of pharmacy, who is currently working on his masters in clinical research. We dive into how nutrition affects pharmacotherapy, the science behind many common drug classes, comparing their efficacy to diet and lifestyle changes. This is an episode for anyone wondering if a dietary change could help them get off some of their medications and also for those people out there who think it’s wrong to be on any medication at all.
- How nutrition and pharmacology are related
- Can you stop your medications if you change your diet
- Dietary causes of high blood pressure
- Diet vs drugs for treating high blood pressure
- Do statins really help lower cholesterol
- Statin side effects and why dietary changes are firstline treatment
- Common diabetes drugs
- How diet can reduce or eliminate the need for diabetic drugs
- The truth about obesity medications
- The link between animal products and antibiotics
- How you can help combat antibiotic resistance
- The best foods to eat pre and post workout
If you would like to connect with Greg, you can find him on Instagram: @drgregbutler
That’s all for now! Find me here, if you want to connect on Instagram! @plant_fueled
Theme music: Tyler Gaudon.
Special thanks to Wyatt Pavlik for the audio editing and processing!
*Please appreciate that this information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the opinion of a physician or qualified healthcare provider!*