This conversation is with Dr. Josh Levin, a family medicine physician who practices at the Aroga lifestyle medicine clinic in beautiful Victoria, BC. Dr. Levin has always been passionate about exercise and fitness - today he coaches and competes at a Master’s level in weightlifting and practices yoga. In his clinic he shares this passion with his patients, empowering them to make healthy lifestyle changes and helping them make informed choices about the risks and benefits of medical interventions.
- Weightlifting and what he loves about it
- The importance of consistency
- Thoughts on the phrase “exercise as medicine”
- Aerobic exercise vs resistance training
- How much exercise is optimal
- The optimal exercise intensity
- The effects of exercise vs medication on blood pressure
- How exercise helps control blood sugar
- The risks of sitting for long periods and what to do about it
- Benefits for depression
- How you don’t need to lose weight to benefit from exercise
- Prescribing exercise for healthcare professionals
If you would like to reach out to Dr. Levin, you can contact him directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Show sponsor: Warlockgolf.com use code PLANT15 at checkout for 15% off your order!
Theme music by Tyler Gaudon and a special thank you to Wyatt Pavlik for the audio editing and processing
Find me here, if you want to connect on Instagram: @plant_fueled
That’s all for now! Be sure to subscribe and if you are enjoying the show, I would really appreciate it if you could leave a review!
*Please appreciate that this information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the opinion of a physician or qualified healthcare provider*