This conversation is with Canadian Olympian Haley Daniels, a plant-based canoe slalom athlete who made history by being among the very first women to compete in the canoe slalom event at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic games! Haley has had a decorated career and this is an incredible conversation. Please enjoy!
- The Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- All about canoe slalom
- Making history as one of the first women to compete in Olympic canoe slalom
- Overcoming barriers as a female athlete
- The importance of mental resilience and grit
- Which mental training techniques she uses daily
- How the Covid-19 pandemic affected her training
- What her day to day training looks like
- Strategies she uses to prepare for a big race/event
- What she learned from her Olympic experience
- Reframing thoughts and dealing with regret
- What people need to know about Olympic athletes
- Why she switched to a plant-based diet
- Tips for managing your diet on the road
Connect with Haley: Instagram: @haleydanski | Facebook: Haley Daniels | Twitter: @HaleyDanski
Her personal website: https://www.haleydaniels.ca/#join-my-journey
Resources mentioned during this episode:
Show sponsor: Warlockgolf.com use code PLANT15 at checkout for 15% off your order!
Theme music by Tyler Gaudon and a special thank you to Wyatt Pavlik for the audio editing and processing!
Find me here, if you want to connect on Instagram! @plant_fueled
That’s all for now! Be sure to subscribe and if you are enjoying the show, I would really appreciate it if you could leave a review!
*Please appreciate that this information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the opinion of a physician or qualified healthcare provider!*