This conversation is with Dr. Matthew Nagra, a naturopathic doctor based in Vancouver, British Columbia who is a passionate advocate for evidence based nutrition as medicine. After struggling with various health issues throughout his childhood, he turned to a plant-based diet, which improved nearly every health concern he had. Fast forward and these days he is continuously striving to further his education and now through social media, public speaking, his volunteer work with Nutritionfacts.org, and his clinical practice, he aims to educate others on how they too can improve their health like he did years ago.
- The difference between a naturopathic doctor and a conventional medical doctor
- How he integrates plant-based nutrition into his practice
- His strategy for staying up to date with all the latest research
- Dairy and bone fracture risk
- Whether we need a direct source of K2 in our diets
- Is a calcium supplement helpful for preventing osteoporosis
- If casomorphins in cheese are addicting
- The effect of oil on arterial function
- Oils and disease risk
- Whether a plant-based diet can reverse arterial plaque build-up
- If higher omega 3 intake helps reduce cardiovascular risk
- Who might benefit from DHA/EPA supplementation
- Special nutrition recommendations for athletes
How to connect with Dr. Nagra:
Instagram | @dr.matthewnagra
Facebook | @dr.matthewnagra
Twitter | @drmatthewnagra
His personal website is here: https://drmatthewnagra.com
That’s all for now! Be sure to subscribe and if you are enjoying the show, I would really appreciate it if you could leave a review!
Find me here, if you want to connect on Instagram! @plant_fueled
Theme music by Tyler Gaudon.
Special thanks to Wyatt Pavlik for the audio editing and processing!
*Please appreciate that this information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the opinion of a physician or qualified healthcare provider!*