It is spring 2020 and our world is rightfully experiencing some growing pains. There is fear and unrest and your Bowie Boys are right there with you. Not to distract or deviate from the matter at hand, but to merely offer a brief escape, let’s all take a little trip to 1975. As Bowie is enjoying his fame, he gathers a group of amazing Black musicians and record “Young Americans”. It stands somewhat alone in being the sole soul record in Bowie's career, but the keen-eared listener will hear some bits of his past and future. Let Steve, Marc and Eric fascinate you with our historical anecdotes, track-by-track analysis and what 4 out of 5 iTunes reviewers consider good conversation.
For those in the cheap seats that need to hear this again: BLACK LIVES MATTER.
How to support Black Lives Matter (Many links in this resource) - https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/money-and-power/g32730417/george-floyd-blm-how-to-donate-help/
- The Gouster - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKRP7VY-mtg&list=PL9wswIPY-kEyWv8jgYke4FMwUw1iwuYk8&index=1
- Young Americans - Live on The Dick Cavett Show - https://youtu.be/ydLcs4VrjZQ
- Footstompin' - Live on the Dick Cavett Show - https://youtu.be/bZTwnR9nLvY
- Right - https://youtu.be/OP35CmDZCzY
- Fame - Live on the Cher Show - https://youtu.be/9tnRWcEg6i8
- Young Americans Medley - Live on the Cher Show - https://youtu.be/KPlN8RBP-Ws
Pod Like a Hole Links:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/podlikeahole/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/pod_like_a_hole_podcast/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/podlikeahole
Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/join/podlikeahole