174. A Homeschool Mom’s Mindset | Angela Braniff of This Gathered Nest
Homeschooling goes far beyond choosing curriculum and planning field trips. It is equally as important to establish a firm grasp on why we are homeschooling and what our homeschool philosophy is.
I so enjoyed this conversation with Angela where we had a chance to get honest about the ups and downs of our homeschooling journeys. We chatted about important mindset shifts we have had to embrace along the way and old paradigms we are moving away from.
Are you considering homeschooling but you are fearful? Are you in the thick of it and need some encouragement to keep going? Join us for this inspiring conversation!
In this episode, we cover:
- Making schooling decisions based on each individual child’s needs
- Finding the balance between giving yourself grace and pushing yourself
- Tips for keeping little ones occupied while homeschooling older siblings
- Freeing yourself from expectations and embracing the flexible schedule of homeschooling
- Encouraging learning to extend beyond textbooks and worksheets into valuable life skills
- Recognizing perfectionism in our kids and helping them learn through failure
- Reframing our perspective about what is most important for our children to learn
- Math curriculum reviews for kids that struggle with math
- Protecting our kids’ mindsets around their ability to learn
- What if you are nervous to homeschool?
- How will homeschooled kids turn out?
View full show notes and transcript on the blog + watch this episode on YouTube.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Redmond Real Salt | Use code FARMHOUSE at bit.ly/FarmhouseRedmond for a 15% discount
Toups and Co Organics | Use code FARMHOUSE at ToupsandCo.com for a 10% discount
Mockmill | Visit bit.ly/FarmhouseMockmill for a 5% discount
Angela’s Homeschooling Course: Master the Art of Home Education
Math curricula mentioned: Learn Math Fast, Shormann Math, Denison Algebra
Angela Braniff of This Gathered Nest | Website | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Lisa Bass of Farmhouse on Boone | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | TikTok | Facebook | Pinterest
Join us in the Simple Farmhouse Life Facebook community!
The podcast Simple Farmhouse Life is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.