How to Live Free From Time Anxiety with Jen Pollock Michel
Hey, hey, everyone! Today I welcome show writer, speaker, coach, and podcast host, Jen Pollock Michel for a very insightful (and much-needed) conversation about our love-hate relationship with our clocks and the anxiety it often brings to our lives.
Be sure to listen to how Jen discusses a couple of truths she has landed on, including-
- “Time belongs not to us but to God.”
- “There is always enough time to do what God has planned.” Whew. So good but often so hard to live, am I right, friends?! She reminds us of the importance of living not in our timing or the timing of others but in having the courage to live in God’s timing for our lives.
So much wisdom is found in what Jen discovered while writing her most recent book titled, In Good Time: 8 Habits for Reimagining Productivity, Resisting Hurry, and Practicing Peace…. I promise you don’t want to miss out on this eye-opening conversation!
Jen Pollock Michel holds a B.A. in French from Wheaton College, an M.A. in Literature from Northwestern University, and is working on completing an M.F.A from Seattle Pacific University. After eleven years of living in Toronto, Jen now lives in Cincinnati with her husband and two youngest children.
Listen in to learn more about:
- What time anxiety is and how it plays out in our lives, whether we're trying to find time, save it, manage it, or make the most of it.
- Some of the assumptions we often have concerning time management and how we can ground our lives in God’s timing.
- The eight practical habits for reimagining productivity and how embracing those will help us develop a healthier relationship with the clock.
“A faithful life is a courageous life. Tuning our ears to God’s voice takes a lot of courage.”
“A practical place to start is to think about habits and practices of everyday life.”
“There is not a right way. It is actually living every day in faithful response to God’s voice. ”
Coaching this episode:
- The Secret to Habits Without the Hassle (27:00)
Links to great things we discussed:
In Good Time: 8 Habits for Reimagining Productivity, Resisting Hurry, and Practicing Peace By Jen Pollock Michel
Counterproductive: Time Management in the Knowledge Economy By Melissa Gregg
Glittering Vices: A New Look at the Seven Deadly Sins and Their Remedies By Rebecca Konyndyk DeYoung
I Thank God - Maverick City Music
Join the Confident Motherhood Community here.
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! :)
Religion & Spirituality
The podcast The Alli Worthington Show is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.