Parenting Well with Sandra & Andy Stanley
Hey friend! When it comes to parenting, have you ever wondered if you’re getting it right? What does success look like as a parent anyway?
If you’re a parent, have a parent, or want to be a parent, don’t wait to listen to this episode! I had a fantastic conversation with Andy and Sandra Stanley about their new book, Parenting: Getting It Right.
With three grown children who love each other and love being together, even now that they no longer have to and can make those decisions for themselves, Andy and Sandra don’t hold back on sharing what they’ve learned in raising their family.
Listen in as Andy, Sandra, and I discuss all things parenting, like:
- How establishing their end goal for raising their children shaped their parenting decisions
- Why the law of the harvest applies to parenting (and why you can’t ignore it!)
- One of the most important things we can help our kids understand about their behavior
- Why teaching kids how to repair and restore relationships so is important
Andy Stanley is the founder of North Point Ministries, with eight Atlanta-area churches and a network of 180 churches around the world, a gifted communicator, and the author of over 20 books. Sandra Stanley is the author of two devotionals, and she loves speaking and writing about faith, family, and fostering.
They have three grown children, whom Sandra homeschooled, and Parenting: Getting It Right is their first book.
“Your potential relationship with your adult children is much longer than the years or seasons you are in right now. Later is longer and you are sowing now you repent a healthy adult relationship with your kids.” - Andy Stanley
“Parenting with that relationship in mind gets us to the finish line.” -Sandra Stanley
“We don’t have rules just because we want to have rules. We have rules for reasons and to protect relationships. Our consequences for breaking the rules in our home were all tied to restoring the relationship.” -Andy & Sandra Stanley
“One of the greatest gifts we can give our children is a healthy marriage.” -Andy Stanley
“A great marriage sets our kids up for success in a lot of ways.” -Sandra Stanley
Coaching this week:
- Habits for Moms: all about the power of 1% better and our trajectories. (30:17)
Links to great things we discussed:
- Andy’s Website
- Andy & Sandra’s Book - Parenting: Getting It Right
- The Last Kingdom
- Heaven - Bryan Adams
- This is My Song - North Point Worship
- Worthy of My Song - Phil Wickham
- The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry - John Mark Comer
- When Crickets Cry - Charles Martin
- How We Got to Now- Steven Johnson
- From Strength to Strength - Arthur Brook
- TheraGun Mini
- Worship for Fierce Faith
Join the Confident Motherhood Community here.
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! :)
Religion & Spirituality
The podcast The Alli Worthington Show is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.