#141 - Backpacking and Dogs with Bailey Bremner
Backpacking with dogs is something I think most of us dream of doing, but for Bailey Bremner, it’s a reality. Bailey is not only an accomplished backpacker and thru-hiker in her own right, but her dogs are too. Prima and Skittles have likely hiked more miles than most, and between the 3 of them, they’ve hiked thousands of miles along some of the most beautiful trails in the United States.
Sometimes we tend to overcomplicate things while at the same time underestimating what is actually involved in an activity. Bailey joins the podcast to walk through her experiences backpacking and hiking with her dogs, and lessons learned along the way and offers some sound guidance and advice to those wanting to do the same.
Anyone looking to get out there with their furry friends will no doubt come away from this episode with a pile of knowledge and with any luck, just as much encouragement.
Go check out Bailey’s adventures and enjoy this episode!
Show Notes and Links
- A quick recap of Bailey’s recent Pinhoti Trail experience
- Background on Bailey and her past hikes with and without her dogs
- Mistakes made early on with the dogs
- How to prepare for longer trips with dogs
- How to manage your dogs’ miles
- Managing pack weight for dogs
- Feeding routines while on trail
- Backpacking with Dogs FAQ (Bailey’s article)
Thanks for listening! Check out the links below to learn more, connect, and support the show.
- Contact Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Land Website
- Learn How To Backpack
- 6 Weeks To Solo Backpacking
- Recommended Gear
- Facebook Groups
- Support the Show
The podcast The By Land Podcast is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.