#147 - The Quest: Nepal and the Summit of Everest with Alex Harz
Alex Harz is a man of many talents. He’s a filmmaker, mountaineer, and even a radio host, but for the purpose of this episode we’re diving into his Mount Everest Expedition and the film he’s produced about it called “The Quest: Nepal.”
Alex might be the physical vehicle for the telling of a story or the driving force behind it, but when you watch this film, you’ll learn quickly that while he does have a personal reason for being there and climbing, he also knows that without the culture and its people, there would be no climb in the first place.
I absolutely loved getting to know Alex and picking his brain about this project he’s in the middle of because he was willing to tell his version of the story in a raw and honest way. Sure it’s Everest and it’s obviously epic in its own right, but there’s so much more to it than that, which is what we get into in this episode of the podcast.
Please go watch and support Alex’s film and what he’s doing!
Show Notes and Links
- The backstory
- About “The Quest: Nepal”
- How Alex’s background has helped his mountain climbing
- The principle of “yes, and”
- What makes a person thrive in dangerous situations?
- Post-climb reflections and decompressions
- The spirituality of the mountain
- Why culture is so important to The Quest
- The history of the Sherpa people
- What the future holds for the Mountain and its People
- What you think about when climbing
- Capturing the climb in VR
- What’s next for Alex and The Quest
- What Alex hopes to accomplish with this films
- Alex’s advice for achieving a personal goal
- The Quest Instagram
Thanks for listening! Check out the links below to learn more, connect, and support the show.
- Connect: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main Website: https://byland.co/
- Courses Homepage: https://courses.byland.co/
- Learn How To Backpack: https://courses.byland.co/learnhowtobackpack
- 6 Weeks To Solo Backpacking: https://courses.byland.co/6-weeks-to-solo-backpacking-waitlist
- Recommended Backpacking Gear: https://byland.co/recommended-gear-summary
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@EmoryByLand
- Facebook Groups: https://byland.co/facebook-groups
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/emory_by_land
- Support the Show: https://byland.co/donate
The podcast The By Land Podcast is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.