All habits or behaviors benefit you in some way and are either effective or NOT! So how can you effectively create new habits and behaviors that align with YOUR goals and values and then make sure they stick?
In this episode of "The No Food Rules" podcast, I share some valuable tips and strategies that have helped me make positive changes using techniques that can be applied in ANY area of your life!
Drawing on insights from books such as "Atomic Habits" by James Clear and "How to Change" by Katie Milkman (*trigger warning: both mention weight loss but had such incredible takeaways otherwise that I just can’t gatekeep them!), I'll be sharing practical advice infused with examples from my own life that have helped me transform my habits for the better.
Listen in to discover how powerful methods like gateway habits, temptation bundling, and the two-minute rule can help YOU make positive changes and bring new habits and behaviors to life.
- "It's not a lack of motivation. It's a lack of clarity" — the REAL reason many people struggle to make positive changes in their lives and what to do to improve YOUR chances for success.
- Why the two-minute rule (baby steps, people!) is more effective than trying to make significant changes all at once.
How to use “temptation bundling“ to maximize enjoyment while building discipline.
- How to use “gateway habits” to create long-term change.
- The art of choosing between two discomforts (helps to avoid backsliding back into your old habits).
- The power of a single plate: how to use decisive moments to help you be more mindful.
- Why fixing inputs may be more effective than changing goals.
Follow Colleen On: