Hey Google, Why Is The DOJ Suing You
The government’s antitrust trial against Google kicked off yesterday as lawyers for the Department of Justice gave opening statements in their case. They argued that Google illegally created a monopoly with its titular search engine to squash competitors like Yahoo and Bing. We’re joined by Sara Morrison, senior tech reporter at Vox, to break down the case, why it matters and what comes next.
And in headlines: House Speaker Kevin McCarthy ordered a formal impeachment inquiry into President Biden, a federal grand jury indicted the five former Memphis police officers involved in the beating death of Tyre Nichols and the CDC recommended that everyone six months and older get an updated COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vox: “What Google’s trial means for the company — and your web browsing” – https://tinyurl.com/yqq4vgyj
- Islamic Relief: Libya Floods Emergency Appeal – https://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/giving/appeals/libya-floods-emergency-appeal/
- International Rescue Committee: Helping Families in Libya – https://help.rescue.org/donate/urgent-crisis-flood-libya
- What A Day – YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/@whatadaypodcast
- Crooked Coffee is officially here. Our first blend, What A Morning, is available in medium and dark roasts. Wake up with your own bag at crooked.com/coffee
- Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/crookedmedia/
- For a transcript of this episode, please visit crooked.com/whataday