It's only been five weeks since Justice Janet Protasiewicz was sworn in to the Wisconsin Supreme Court, but state Republicans are hell-bent on getting her kicked off the court before she even hears her first case. In their latest effort, Republicans in the state are floating the idea of impeaching Protasiewicz for statements she made about legislative maps.
The Biden administration announced on Wednesday that it will ban drilling in 13 million acres of wilderness in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Plus, the administration said that it will also cancel the drilling leases that were issued under former President Donald Trump.
And in headlines: a federal judge ordered Texas to remove its floating barrier in the Rio Grande and banned it from building a new one, Spanish soccer player Jenni Hermoso formally accused Spanish soccer chief Luis Rubiales of sexual assault, and Air Canada kicked two passengers off of a flight for refusing to sit in vomit-stained seats.
- Defend Justice – https://www.defendjustice.com/
- What A Day – YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/@whatadaypodcast
- Crooked Coffee is officially here. Our first blend, What A Morning, is available in medium and dark roasts. Wake up with your own bag at crooked.com/coffee
- Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/crookedmedia/
- For a transcript of this episode, please visit crooked.com/whataday