UAW Races To The Deadline
Members of the United Auto Workers union are in the final countdown to reach a labor agreement with Detroit automakers. If agreements aren’t reached by 11:59pm ET Thursday night, then autoworkers will implement targeted strikes at plants run by General Motors, Ford Motor and Stellantis.
Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un met up at a summit on Wednesday in Eastern Russia. After the meeting, Kim Jong Un vowed full support for Russia’s invasion and Putin offered North Korea technological help, saying that there are “possibilities” for military cooperation between the two countries.
And in headlines: a federal judge in Texas ruled once again that DACA is illegal, Utah Republican Senator Mitt Romney announced that he will not seek reelection in 2024, and visual effects workers at Marvel Studios unanimously voted to unionize.
- The Cut: “This Is What a Real Housewife Looks Like” – https://www.thecut.com/article/jenna-lyons-rhony-profile.html
- Pod Save The World: “Secretary of State Antony Blinken” – https://crooked.com/podcast/secretary-of-state-antony-blinken/
- What A Day – YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/@whatadaypodcast
- Crooked Coffee is officially here. Our first blend, What A Morning, is available in medium and dark roasts. Wake up with your own bag at crooked.com/coffee
- Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/crookedmedia/
- For a transcript of this episode, please visit crooked.com/whataday