127 The Maple Syrup Heist of 2011
This is the story of Canada’s most valuable theft—perhaps the most Canadian crime ever committed.
It was July of 2011, and Avik Caron had a kind of nervous excitement. An opportunity had fallen into his lap to stick it to the “Maple Syrup Mafia” – and, of course, line his pockets with cash as he did so. The problem was, he didn't quite know how to do it. But with Maple Syrup worth over ten times more per barrel than crude oil, what did he have to lose?
More information: Winnipeg serial killer targeting Indigenous women
- 3 First Nations women, 1 unidentified woman were victims of alleged serial killer: Winnipeg police (includes pictures of "Buffalo Girl's" jacket)
- Community mourns loss of young woman who 'always had a heart for everything' (Rebecca Contois)
- No hope' of successful recovery of alleged serial killer's victims in landfill: Winnipeg police includes video of press conference with family members
- Winnipeg serial killings’ cruel details evoke horror — and familiarity. ‘I’m tired of being in danger’
- Accused killer's allegedly hate-filled online presence should be factored into investigation, trial: experts
- Alleged Winnipeg serial killer threatened to kill 2 previous partners, court records reveal
Listen ad-free and early:
CTC premium feeds are available on Amazon Music - included with Prime, Apple Podcasts, Patreon and Supercast.
FULL LIST of resources, information sources, and credits used to make this series:
The full list can be found at the page for this episode at canadiantruecrime.ca/episodes.
Research, writing, sound design: Kristi Lee
Audio editing and production: We Talk of Dreams
Production assistance: Jesse Hawke
Theme songs by We Talk of Dreams
Disclaimer voiced by the host of True
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.
Canadian True Crime näytetään tässä palvelussa avoimen RSS-syötteen kautta. RSS-syötteen tiedostot, kuvaukset, kansikuvat ja muu metadata ovat podcastin omistajan omaisuutta, eivätkä ole yhteydessä Podplayn kanssa.