Early Breakfast, Nanotech & Blindness, Crocodile Crying
Today, you’ll learn about how when we eat might influence our risks for type 2 diabetes, a new use for nanotech in treating age-related blindness, and how crocodiles respond to the cries of human babies.
- “An early breakfast may reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.” Barcelona Institute for Global Health. 2023.
- “Early breakfast linked to lower risk of type 2 Diabetes.” by Dr. Prajakta Banik. 2023.
- “Symptoms & Causes of Diabetes.” NIH. 2016
Nanotech & Blindness
- “Nanotech used to grow eye cells as a potential treatment for blindness.” by Paul McClure. 2023.
- “Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Epidemiology, Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Treatment.” by Hrishikesh Vyawahare & Pranaykumar Shinde. 2022.
- “3D Nanotech Enables Eye Cell Growth for Treating Blindness.” by Tim Hayes. 2023.
- “Nile Crocodiles Recognize and React to the Sound of Crying Babies.” by Brian Handwerk. 2023.
- “Hear them roar: A comparison of black-capped chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) and human (Homo sapiens) perception of arousal in vocalizations across all classes of terrestrial vertebrates.” BY J. Congdon, et al. 2019. https://psycnet.apa.org/doiLanding?doi=10.1037/com0000187
- “Your Dog Can Tell From Your Voice If You’re Happy or Sad.” by Joseph Stromberg. 2014. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/your-dog-can-tell-from-your-voice-if-youre-happy-or-sad-180949807/
- “Crocodile perception of distress in hominid baby cries.” by Julie Thévenet, et al. 2023. https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rspb.2023.0201
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.