Genetic Fertility, CO2 Suck Up, 2 Dad Mice
Today you’ll learn about how our genes can predict how many kids we’ll have, how scientists have created a new method of sucking up CO2 from the atmosphere, and how a baby mouse was born from two biologically male mice!
- “Genetic variants influencing human fertility identified - new research.” n.a. 2023.
- “Genome-wide analysis identifies genetic effects on reproductive success and ongoing natural selection at the FADS locus.” By Mathieson, et al. 2023.
- “The challenge of detecting recent natural selection in human populations.” by Mills & Mathieson. 2022.
CO2 Suck Up
- “Climate change: New idea for sucking up CO2 from air shows promise.” By Matt McGrath. 2023.
- “Carbon capture: What is it and how does it fight climate change?” by Jonah Fisher. 2023.
- “Direct air capture (DAC) and sequestration of CO2: Dramatic effect of coordinated Cu(ll) onto a chelating weak base ion exchanger.” by Hao Chen, et al. 2023.
- “How much is a ton of carbon dioxide?” by Kathryn Tso. 2020.
2 Dad Mice
- “The mice with two dads: scientists create eggs from male cells” by Heidi Ledford & Max Kozlov
- “Healthy mice from same-sex parents have their own pups” by Jeremy Rehm
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Find episode transcripts here:https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/genetic-fertility-co2-suck-up-2-dad-mice
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.