Locked-in Syndrome, Anxiety & Nostalgia, Continental Shift
Today, you’ll learn about Locked-in Syndrome, the connection between social anxiety and nostalgia, and how continental shift is knocking GPS out of whack.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/locked-in-syndrome-anxiety-nostalgia-continental-shift
- “Demographic, Medical, and Clinical Characteristics of a Population Based Sample of Patients With Long-lastic Locked-in Syndrome.” by Helle Walseth Nilsen, et al. 2023.
- “Locked-In Syndrome.” by Joe M Das, et al. 2022.
- “Voicing Inner Thoughts Matters Kate Allatt TEDxSheffieldHallamUniversity.” YouTube. 2015.
Anxiety & Nostalgia
- “Nostalgia Counteracts Social Anxiety and Enhances Interpersonal Competence.” by Yuwan Dai, et al. 2023
- “Social anxiety in young people: A prevalence study in seven countries.” by Philip Jefferies and Michael Ungar. 2020.
- “Social Anxiety Disorder: More Than Just Shyness.” NIH. n.d.
- “Australia on the move: how GPS keeps up with a continent in constant motion.” by Chris Rizos & Donald Grant. 2017.
- “Australia Is Drifting So Fast GPS Can’t Keep Up.” by Brian Clark Howard. 2016.
- “GPS Accuracy.” GPS.gov. 2022.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.