Pain of Uncertainty, Nearsightedness, Doctors Join Forces
Today, you’ll learn about the pain people will endure to avoid uncertainty, a possible link between nearsightedness and education, and a social media app that is helping improve the accuracy of doctors’ diagnosis decisions.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/pain-of-uncertainty-nearsightedness-doctors-join-forces
Pain of Uncertainty
- “Humans will trade pain for useless information.” by Phie Jacobs. 2023.
- “Monkeys are curious about counterfactual outcomes.” by Maya Zhe Wang and Benjamin Hayden. 2019.
- “The Causal Effect of Education on Myopia: Evidence That More Exposure to Schooling, Rather Than Increased Age, Causes the Onset of Myopia.” by Xiaohu Ding, et al. 2023.
- “Myopia: A close look at efforts to turn back a growing problem.” NIH. 2017, ‘
Doctors Join Forces
- “Experimental evidence for structured information-sharing networks reducing medical errors.” by Damon Centola, et al. 2023.
- “One way to reduce medical errors? Connect doctors with other doctors.” University of Pennsylvania. 2023.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.