Partner Look-alikes, CRISPR Wood, Aggressive Self-Control
Today, you’ll learn about a new study that gives us a hint at who we might be attracted to, scientists growing new trees from the genes up, and how aggressive people might actually have more self-control than you’d think.
Find episode transcripts here:https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/partner-look-alikes-crispr-wood-aggressive-self-control
- “UQ Research Could Explain Why Some People Look Similar to Their Partner.” N.A. 2023.
- “Speed Dating is Making a Comeback.” by Carly Mallenbaum. 2023.
- “Genetically Edited Wood Could Make Paper More Sustainable.” by Robert F. Service. 2023.
- “History of Papermaking Around the World.” Robert C. Williams Museum of Papermaking. N.d.
- “What Is CRISPR?” The Jackson Laboratory. 2023.
- “Aggression As Successful Self-Control.” by David S. Chester. 2023.
- “Controlled cruelty: New study finds aggression can arise from successful self-control.” n.a. 2023.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.