Smart Drugs, Frozen Organ Transplant, Curly Hair Cool
Today, you’ll learn about a new study that shows drugs like Ritalin aren’t so smart after all, how frozen rat kidneys could lead to a medical revolution, and a new study that shows how people with curly hair are extra cool.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/smart-drugs-frozen-organ-transplant-curly-hair-cool
- “'Smart Drugs' Make You Worse at Solving Complex Problems, New Study Finds.” by Elizabeth Bowman, et al. 2023.
- “People who use ‘smart drugs’ worse at complex tasks, study finds.” by Melissa Davey. 2023.
Frozen Organ Transplant
- “Scientists Successfully Unfroze Rat Organs and Transplanted Them - a 'Historic' Step that Could Someday Transform Transplant Medicine.” by Marion Renault. 2023.
- “Organ Donation Statistics.” HRSA. 2023.
- “Vitrification.” Wikipedia. N.d.
Curly Hair Cool
- “Life Before Air Conditioning: Curly Hair Kept Early Humans Cool.” by Francisco Tutella. 2023.
- “Human scalp hair as a thermoregulatory adaptation.” by Tina Lasisi, et al. 2023.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.