Time Perception, Heart in a Box, Flying Ticks
Today, you’ll learn about a new study on our perception of time, a breakthrough in the tech behind heart transplants, and about the crazy way ticks fly.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/time-perception-heart-in-a-box-flying-ticks
- “The Timekeeper Within: New Discovery on How the Brain Judges Time.” by Hedi Young. 2023.
- “Using temperature to analyze the neural basis of a time-based decision.” by Tiago Monteiro, et al. 2023.
Heart in a Box
- “Multicenter Trial Finds Using Circulatory Death Donors is Safe and Effective for Heart Transplantation.” n.a. 2023.
- “Transplantation Outcomes with Donor Hearts after Circulatory Death.” by Jacob N. Schroder, M.D. 2023.
- “Establishing the new standard of care for organ transplantation.” TransMedics Website. N.d.
- “Ticks Fly Through the Air Via the Power of Static Electricity.” by Christie Wilcox. 2023.
- “Static electricity passively attracts ticks onto hosts.” by Sam J. England, et al. 2023.
- “Tick-borne Diseases.” Washington State Department of Health. N.d.
- “Economic Burden of Reported Lyme Disease in High-Incidence Areas, United States, 2014-2016.” CDC. 2022.
- “Guide to Tick-Borne Diseases.” Nayana Ambardekar, MD. 2021.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.