867: How to Stop Being Busy and Start Being Strategic with Richard Medcalf
Richard Medcalf reveals how to free up time for the strategic activities that will advance your career.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) Why productivity won’t solve busy-ness.
2) The crucial question that makes you more strategic.
3) The powerful reframe that slashes busywork.
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep867 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT RICHARD —
Richard Medcalf describes himself as "what you get if you were to put a McKinsey consultant, a slightly unorthodox pastor and an entrepreneur into a blender".
He is the founder of Xquadrant, which helps elite leaders reinvent their 'success formula' and multiply their impact. His personal clients include CEOs of billion-dollar corporations, successful serial entrepreneurs, and the founders of tech 'unicorns'.
Richard has advised the C-Suite for over 25 years. After a Masters at Oxford University, where he came top in his year, he joined a premier strategy consultancy and later became the youngest-ever Partner. He then spent 11 years at tech giant Cisco in an elite team reporting to the CEO.
Richard is bi-national English/French, lives near Paris, and is happily married and the proud father of two. He has an insatiable love for spicy food and the electric guitar.
• Strategy Score Test: XQuadrant.com/awesomeatyourjob
• LinkedIn: Richard Medcalf
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth About Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
• Book: Unreasonable Hospitality: The Remarkable Power of Giving People More Than They Expect by Will Guidara
• Past episode: 080: Finding and Doing the One Thing with Jay Papasan