The Fitness Supplements That Actually Work
In your journey towards becoming stronger, fitter, and healthier, there often comes a point where you wonder if taking some supplements will help your progress along. But what fitness supplements are actually effective and worth investing in?
Here to answer that question is Layne Norton, a powerlifter and doctor of nutritional science who has a passion for debunking health-related myths and promoting evidence-based recommendations. He’s also, full disclosure, the owner of a supplement company himself. But I don’t have any financial connection to Layne’s company and we keep this conversation neutral and high-level. In our conversation, Layne argues that there are three top-tier research-backed supplements to consider — whey protein, creatine, and caffeine — and we unpack how to use each of them for optimal results. We discuss whether plant proteins are sufficient for building muscle, whether it’s true that creatine causes bloating, acne, and hair loss, how to best time your caffeine intake to energize your workouts, and much more. At the end of our conversation, Layne shares some additional supplements that seem promising for enhancing your health and fitness.
Resources Related to the Episode
- Layne’s previous appearance on the AoM podcast: Episode #475 — How to Lose Weight, and Keep It Off Forever
- Layne’s supplement company: Outwork Nutrition
- AoM Article: A Primer On Muscle-Building Supplements — Which Work and Which Don’t?
- AoM Article: Creatine — A Primer on Its Benefits and Use
- AoM Article: How to Use Caffeine to Optimize Your Workouts
- AoM Article: Chugging Your Protein — It’s Whey Easier Than You Think
- AoM Podcast #285: The Real Science of Nutrition and Supplements
Connect With Layne Norton
Yhteiskunta ja kulttuuri
(www.artofmanliness.com/podcast/) näytetään tässä palvelussa avoimen RSS-syötteen kautta. RSS-syötteen tiedostot, kuvaukset, kansikuvat ja muu metadata ovat podcastin omistajan omaisuutta, eivätkä ole yhteydessä Podplayn kanssa.