Marcus Samuelsson’s Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
While Thanksgiving is an admittedly carb and protein-rich meal, most people would agree that the menu isn’t truly complete for this holiday without something green included. For the next episode of Cooking Up a Storm, we seek out the sage advice of chef and restaurant-owner Marcus Samuelsson, who’ll share his recipe for a new take on an old holiday favorite: Caramelized Brussels Sprouts. This isn’t your grandma’s recipe, we promise.
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
1 pound Brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed and halved
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 sprigs rosemary, chopped, reserving 1/4 teaspoon for the dressing
1 teaspoon berbere
freshly ground black pepper
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1/2 cup peanuts, rough chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, garlic, most of the rosemary and berbere until well-combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Place the sprouts on a parchment-lined sheet pan and roast until lightly caramelized and cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large, high-sided skillet, warm the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and peanuts and cook, stirring often, until the shallots are softened, and the peanuts are lightly toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Add the parsley, 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, maple syrup, vinegar and a generous pinch of salt, and stir to combine.
- Add the pomegranate seeds and roasted Brussels sprouts and toss to combine. Season with salt, to taste; serve.
Recipe by Marcus Samuelsson
For this recipe and more, go to: https://www.today.com/podcasts/cooking-up-a-storm.
Podkasten Cooking Up a Storm with Al Roker er innebygd på denne siden fra en åpen RSS feed. Alle filer, beskrivelser, illustrasjoner og andre metadata fra RSS-feeden tilhører podcasteieren og er ikke tilknyttet eller validert av Podplay.