Men At Work, Whale Interrupted, Gender Equality
Today you’ll learn about how men with physically strenuous jobs have higher testosterone levels and, ahem, sperm counts, about how a researcher studying whales figured out an ancient mystery, and how providing women with more opportunities actually increases men’s life expectancy.
Men At Work
- “Physically Demanding Work Tied to Male Fertility.” By Miles Martin. 2023.
- “Secular trends in semen parameters among men attending a fertility center between 2000 and 2017: Identifying potential predictors.” By Minguez-Alarcon, et al. 2018.
- “Why more men are suffering from infertility than ever before.” By Susannah Cahalan. 2021.
- “Occupational factors and markers of testicular function among men attending a fertility center.” By Minguez-Alarcon, et al. 2023.
- “Ancient texts shed new light on mysterious whale behaviour that ‘captured imagination’.” By Donna Lu. 2023.
- “Parallels for cetacean trap feeding and tread-water feeding in the historical record across two millennia.” By McCarthy, Sebo, & Firth. 2023
- “Greater Gender Equality Helps Both Women and Men Live Longer.” George Institute for Global Health. 2023.
- “Gender equality related to gender differences in life expectancy across the globe gender equality and life expectancy.” By Ana-Catarina Pinho-Gomes, et al. 2023.
- “Greater gender equality helps both women and men live longer.” ScienceDaily. 2023.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter withCalli andNate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/men-at-work-whale-interrupted-gender-equality
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.