Zoom Doom, Denali Fault, Modern Moon Suit
Today you’ll learn about how video calls can add to social anxiety, how new technology is able to discover the secrets of the Denali Fault, and what goes into designing a new spacesuit for astronauts!
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/zoom-doom-denali-fault-modern-moon-suit
- “Alcohol and Zoom: A Recipe for Depression?” by Renee Engeln PhD. 2023.
- “Where to Look? Alcohol, Affect, and Gaze Behavior During a Virtual Social Interaction.” by Talia Ariss, et al. 2022.
- “Self-focused attention and negative affect: a meta-analysis.” by Nilly Mor & Jennifer Winquist. 2002.
- “Researchers uncover secrets of how Alaska’s Denali Fault formed.” N.A. 2023.
- “Collaborative Research: Understanding lithospheric structure and deformation in Alaska via integration of seismic imaging and geodynamic modeling.” By Karen M. Fischer, et al. 2022.
- “Denali’s Fault.” N.A. 2003.
Modern Moon Suit
- “NASA unveils new spacesuit specially tailored for lunar wear.” By Steve Gorman. 2023.
- “Why did we stop going to the Moon?” n.a. N.d.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter withCalli andNate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.