Episode 79: Responsible Spirituality — Spiritual Consumerism, Instagram Shamans, Red Flags, and Pre-Capitalist Practices with Anya Kaats
In this episode, astrologer and avant-garde thinker Anya Kaats and I...
- share Anya's journey from her Jewish upbringing to her gender and sexuality studies, marriage, divorce, food blogging, chronic illness, agnosticism, and astrology
- talk about the comfort of ritual and connection to something higher, the nature of belief, and the comfort found in belief
- discuss the rise of spiritual influencers, spiritual bypassing of trauma, influencers promising life-changing psychic readings and secret "codes, and Instagram shamans circa 2017
- discuss the nuances of responsible spirituality and how fragile spiritual spaces and practices can be without radical responsibility
- share some of Anya's experiences in spiritual spaces with questionable boundaries and ethics
- talk about some general red flags to watch out for so listeners can better discern and find a spirituality that honors reconnection to Self, Others, and the Planet
- discuss the ancestral connection to the natural world in pre-historic, hunter-gatherer spirituality vs. capitalism and scientism
- share various opinions on abundance as a potential for hoarding wealth and resources
Power in the Helping Professions by Adoph Guggenbuhl-Craig
Inner Gold: Understanding Psychological Projection by Robert A. Johnson
Podkasten Holistic Trauma Healing with Lindsey Lockett er innebygd på denne siden fra en åpen RSS feed. Alle filer, beskrivelser, illustrasjoner og andre metadata fra RSS-feeden tilhører podcasteieren og er ikke tilknyttet eller validert av Podplay.