High Impact Summary: Dr. Peter Litchfield | The Dangers of Over-Breathing
Listen to the FULL episode with Dr. Peter Litchfield: muscleintelligence.com/259
Get the FREE High Impact Episode Guide: muscleintelligence.com/learn
Breathing correctly is VITAL to your health... but it's also a concept often overlooked in the world of fitness, health, and nutrition. However, no body transformation program, or path to life optimization, is complete without it. Without proper breathing practices or techniques, you are setting yourself up for failure.
Dr. Peter Litchfield joins me on the podcast today for a truly transformative conversation about breathing mechanics for high performance, the balance of respiratory chemistry, and the psychology behind breath. Respiratory psychophysiology has been Dr. Litchfield's primary focus for over 20 years.
Dr. Litchfield is the President of the Professional School of Behavioral Health Sciences, which integrates physiological and behavioral sciences for innovative applications in healthcare, human service, and performance enhancement. He also serves as CEO for Better Physiology, Ltd., the manufacturer of CapnoTrainer instrumentation used for identifying dysfunctional breathing habits, and assisting people in replacing them with new functional ones.
- The Most Essential Component of Breathing That is Often Overlooked.
- How to Maintain These 2 MAJOR Pillars of Blood Chemistry.
- Which Health Issues are Associated with Dysfunctional Breathing.
- What You Didn’t Know About Cardiovascular Fitness.
- How to Self-Regulate Breathing for High Performance.
Plus, get your FREE copy of the episode guide, as a downloadable reference of the key points and implementable actions from this interview.
More Resources from Dr. Peter Litchfield:
- Recent article from the Journal of Healthcare and Integrative Medicine
- Professional School of Behavioral Health Sciences
- Better Physiology Capnometers to measure CO2 and HRV
Support our Sponsors:
- BiOptimizers - I use BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough to support my recovery, energy levels, and sleep. It's almost ALWAYS in my daily supplement regime (and I notice the difference when it's not). Get MagBreakthrough, the BEST magnesium supplement on the market, at https://magbreakthrough.com/muscleintelligence and save 10% with code MUSCLE10