The Blather’s Grim – Tory conference with guest David Gauke
As the Conservatives drift through a self-congratulatory conference, special guest David Gauke – former Conservative Justice Secretary, now rōnin of old-school Toryism – joins us to sieve Johnson’s speech for an atom of real content. Plus, does the BBC’s Blair & Brown: The New Labour Revolution give us new insight into the TBGBs? And after Facebook goes down, would we miss it if it went away forever?
- “Johnson’s speech was jibbered nonsense, like a human jelly spitting at you for 45 minutes.” – Ian Dunt
- “Article 16 isn’t quite what everyone thinks… It’s not like in one bound Britain will be free.” – David Gauke
- “It was pathetic see a grown man, with all the power and influence he has, making jokes about beavers.” – Ros Taylor
- “If the Conservatives cared about free speech they wouldn’t introduce any of Patel’s measures – but they only cares about it as something to beat the Left with.” – Ian Dunt
- “No Russians ever came to me offering donations. What was I doing wrong? I had to rely on little old ladies giving £50…” – David Gauke
Presented by Dorian Lynskey with Ros Taylor and Ian Dunt. Produced by Andrew Harrison. Assistant producers: Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Audio production by Alex Rees. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
Podkasten OH GOD, WHAT NOW? Formerly Remainiacs er innebygd på denne siden fra en åpen RSS feed. Alle filer, beskrivelser, illustrasjoner og andre metadata fra RSS-feeden tilhører podcasteieren og er ikke tilknyttet eller validert av Podplay.