Emily Mottram, of Mottram Architecture in Cumberland Maine, is an Architect and Building Science Consultant. Her primary focus is on healthy, durable and efficient home design. She believes in high performance building envelopes, low carbon structures, flexible living spaces, daylight planning design, and creating spaces that inspire people to go out and do the things they love.
A graduate of Penn State with a BARCH, she worked for firms in DC and Maine prior to founding Mottram Architecture in 2009. She is licensed in Maine, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania.
Emily is a moderator for the BS* & Beer Show (*Building Science), has her own building science podcast E3 Energy and Efficiency with Emily and has been featured in Decor Maine, Maine Homes by Downeast, Green & Healthy Homes Maine and Maine Home + Design.
• Journey from hands on learning to architect to sustainable architecture
• Architecture and building science, a powerful combination
• Energy — the extra dimension in planning for comfort
• Understanding building science for healthy indoor air quality
• Reducing square footage by designing for how each client lives
• Improving energy performance for renovation while minimizing your carbon footprint
• Mottram Architecture: https://www.mottramarch.com
• Emily’s Podcast: E3 Energy and Efficiency with Emily: https://www.mottramarch.com/the-podcast
• Thursdays 6pm EDT, BS & Beer Show: https://www.thebsandbeershow.com/
• Replays of BS & Beer Show on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAmHSecglp-u-DTFQlU8Tw
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mottramarch/
• See #BuildingScience on Instagram to meet building professionals; can be homeowner level discussion
• LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/emily-mottram-22401410/