124 The Rise and Fall of Hedley's Jacob Hoggard—Part 3
Content warning: This episode includes graphic details of alleged sexual assault specifically involving a minor.
[Part 3 of 5] The trial of Jacob Hoggard started in May of 2022. The first complainant to testify would be the underage complainant who was only 15 and 16 years old at the time of her encounters with Hoggard.
- Court reporting of Alyshah Hasham for the Toronto Star
- Dispelling the myths about sexual assault | Ontario.ca
- Putting Trials on Trial: Sexual Assault and the Failure of the Legal Profession: Craig, Elaine: 9780773552777: Books - Amazon.ca
- Navigating Mutual Consent Agreements - lessons from BDSM/kink communities
- What BDSM can teach us about consent
Resources for Sexual Violence and Abuse:
Canadian True Crime donates monthly to help those facing injustice.
This month we have donated to Good Night Out Vancouver & Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre.
November 22 and 29.
Get early, ad-free access via CTC premium feeds, available on Amazon Music - included with Prime, Apple Podcasts, Patreon and Supercast.
Research: Eileen MacFarlane of Crimelapse Podcast
Additional research, writing, sound design: Kristi Lee
Audio editing and production: We Talk of Dreams
Production assistance: Jesse Hawke
Theme songs by We Talk of Dreams
Disclaimer voiced by the host of True
Full list of resources, information sources, and credits:
See the page for this episode at www.canadiantruecrime.ca/episodes
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.
The podcast Canadian True Crime is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.