Alberto Campos is a conservation biologist, and he is one of the founders and the director of Aquasis, a Brazilian NGO promoting endangered species and habitat conservation in the state of Ceará. Alberto is also a PhD candidate at the University of British Colombia.
With Alberto, we talk about:
- His commitment to protect the Araripe Manakin
- Why is the Araripe Manakin considered the water keeper of the Araripe region
- The threats and challenges that Araripe Manakins face in their habitat
- How to engage and work with local communities
- How the Araripe Manakin became an extraordinary source pride for local communities
Hosting this podcast episode is Rosamira Guillen, co-founder and Executive Director of Fundación Proyecto Tití, a Colombian NGO protecting the cotton-top tamarin, a tiny monkey that exists only in one small forested area in northern Colombia.
For more information, see:
- About the Land Acquisition Fund
- How to support the Land Acquisition Fund
- Twitter page
Produced by Lucia Guaita.