Notre-Dame Fire, Hypoxia, Gravity and IBS
Today you’ll learn about how new discoveries are being made from the fire that nearly destroyed Notre-Dame, how there’s more hypoxia in our rivers than previously thought, and a new theory as to how gravity might be a cause of IBS.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/notre-dame-fire-hypoxia-gravity-and-ibs
- “The 2019 Notre-Dame Fire Revealed Iron Staples Holding the Cathedral Together.” by Sarah Kuta. 2023.
- “Unraveling the Secrets of the Sarcophagi Found Beneath Notre-Dame Cathedral.” by Sarah Kuta. 2022.
- “Five Things We’ve Learned in the Aftermath of the Notre-Dame Fire.” by Meilan Solly. 2019.
- “Global study of hypoxia in rivers shows it is more prevalent than previously thought.” n.a. 2023.
- “Hypoxia.” NOAA. n.d.
Gravity and IBS
- “The Rogue Theory That Gravity Causes IBS.” by Jessica Wapner. 2023.
- “Dry Immersion as a Ground-Based Model of Microgravity Physiological Effects.” by Elena Tomilovskaya, et al. 2019.
- “Gravity and the Gut: A Hypothesis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.” by Brennan Spiegel. 2022.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.