This podcast series will discuss a condition called dissociative identity disorder, or D.I.D.
D.I.D usually starts in early childhood. Dissociation is a natural reaction when there is severe and ongoing trauma and the child has no perceived ability to escape or improve the situation.
Debbie Klose's story is unique to herself. She has 7 active alters at the time of this recording, and 2 other alters who recently integrated.
- There is her current daily operating self, who goes by Debi, spelled DEBI. She manages daily needs, and works to understand and connect with each of her inner alters.
- There are two other adult alters, Deb, who is the primary adult protector of the system,
- And Debbie, also called ‘Debbie-IE’, whose desire is to connect with others about matters of the heart. Debbie-IE was the daily operating self as a young adult and into the beginning of motherhood.
- There are two teenage alters who have integrated: Molly who has a protective, brave, spontaneous personality. And Chrissy, who holds the energy of kindness.
- Michele, who is between ages 7 and 9, and used to hold many fears, and who now is empowered and transformed, and has a superpower of love that she wants to share with the world.
- Speaks Freely, about 12-13 years old, who holds the ability to imagine and visualize creatively.
- Helper, also about 13 years old, who is there to comfort Speaks Freely.
- Light, who is 4 years old.
- Whispers, who is about 5, and is there to comfort and help Light.
If you would like to learn more about Debbie and how you can help support her, please visit www.DebbieKlose.com.
Mental health resources:
If you or someone you know is in a mental health crisis, call or text 988.
Advocacy, support, and educational resources:
National Alliance on Mental Illness
Special THANK YOU to...
Editor Austin Blackwell
Music by Ian Post, Dusk