Welcome back to Don’t Retire.. Graduate! We are now in our fourth season of the podcast and could not be more excited for the guests that will be joining us this school year.
Our first guest is no exception. Ksenia Yudina is joining us today. She is a prolific entrepreneur, an MBA, a CFA, and a remarkable human who took on the world of venture capital as a woman and developed an investing platform like nothing we’ve ever seen before.
In this episode we’ll talk about:
- How UNest and BFG Financial Advisors are both working to make financial planning accessible to families across the country--not only the rich
- Ksenia’s story of immigrating from Russia at 18 and taking on $180,000 in student debt while pursuing multiple degrees at UCLA Anderson
- How 12 years in the venture capital space inspired her to develop her own platform to help parents invest for their children’s future
- How UNest works and how it is different from other options, including 529 College Savings Plans
- The dangers of taking on massive student debt and how inflation and tuition increases make it almost impossible to avoid and difficult to pay off
- Why surrounding yourself with mentors and advisors can be beneficial, both in your career and personal life
- Why it is important to start planning for your future--or your kids’ futures--early
Meet Ksenia Yudina
Ksenia Yudina is a Founder and CEO of UNest, the first mobile app that makes it easier than ever before to create a manage tax-free college savings accounts. Ksenia is an entrepreneur and financial expert with over ten years of experience in the financial industry. As Founder and CEO of UNest she has spearheaded the development of the breakthrough fintech solution and raised funding from leading venture capital funds including Northwestern Mutual, Anthos Capital, The Artemis Fund, Group 11, Draper Dragon, Unlock Ventures, and Vested Ventures. Ksenia was a 2019 Finalist in Quesnays Female Founders in Fintech competition. She has also been featured in The Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, New York Times, Forbes, Business Insider, American Banker, Inc. Magazine, USA Today, and US News & World Report. Ksenia was recognized as 40 Under 40 by Investment News and received a Rising Star Award from the Los Angeles Business Journal.