For additional notes and resources check out Douglas’ website.
- The wayward woman is blind to spiritual reality.
- We too will join her in spiritual blindness unless we watch our step.
- Let's stay as far away from sexual sin as we can! Genesis 39 illustrates the attitude we should have; 2 Samuel 10 illustrates what can happen when we are careless, without a plan and lacking in discipline.
- We are all only a few bad choices away from spiritual disaster. Even though we still assemble with the saints, that doesn't mean we're in a good place spiritually. In fact, we could be in great danger!
- Our spouse is the one who should meet our sexual needs.
- For those married: This means we need to so appreciate them that we refuse to look at someone else's spouse just as we would refuse to share our spouse with anyone else (1 Cor 7).
- Sin ruins our discipline just as indiscipline exposes us, making us vulnerable to sin's temptation.
- We should live as though we were in the presence of God -- because we are!
- In the Lord's eyes, there is no acceptable excuse for indiscipline and the temptation to which it leads; such is folly, the opposite of wisdom.
- Indiscipline enslaves. As the ancient Stoic put it, "No man is free who is not master of himself." — Epictetus (60-110 AD)
Challenge of the day:
- Today let's stay as far away from sexual sin as possible.
- "There is no such thing as a minor lapse of integrity." -- Tom Peters
Next lesson: Proverbs 6.